Last updated on MAY 15, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1 HRMS RUP 8 version of the Application, in the Termination form.
When attempting to Terminate an Employee who is associated to a Position which is going to become of type 'Single Incumbent' in future, the following error occurs.
'You can not add another assignment to this position. The Position Type is a single incumbent and an assignment already exists for it.'
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login using 'US HRMS Manager' Responsibility.
2. Navigate to People --> Enter and Maintain.
3. Query an Employee, whose position has to be changed.
4. Try to assign an Position which is 'Single Incumbent' and is holded by an person already.
5. Since the Position was of type 'Single Incumbent', it was not possible to have the Position assigned.
6. Navigate to Work Structure --> Position --> Description, query the Position and then change the Position type to 'Shared'.
7. Now try to assign the position to other person, it was assigned.
8. Now date track to '01 - Sep - 2016' and change the Position type as 'Single Incumbent' and save it.
9. Now query the Person who was assigned to the 'Single Incumbent' position and try to terminate him.
10. Key in the Termination details, with actual termination date as '02 - Jul - 2016' (No Final Process Date was keyed in), and when trying to save the same got the above Error Message.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms