A value has been provided for a non-enabled or non-existent descriptive flex-field segment.
(Doc ID 2222495.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1 HRMS RUP8 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Through Manager Self Service, when an update is being made to the DFF (BADGE_ID) of employee's assignment, and trying to complete an HR Action update to this field through Self-Service the following error occurs.
A value has been provided for a non-enabled or non-existent descriptive flex-field segment. (SEGMENT=ASS_ATTRIBUTE14) (VALUE=INVITED)
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as Manager
2. Go to Responsibility > Savers IRC Store DM and SM> iRecruitment home
3. Accept applicant for hire.
4. Note that the application details are populated for this applicant:
5. Still using responsibility Savers IRC Store DM and SM (US), select ‘Applicant Hire or Rehire’:
6. Hire applicant
a. enter person details
b. enter assignment details (including badge ID)
c. enter pay details:
d. enter manager
e. add US Ethnic Origin:
7. Logged in as HRMS Super, Confirm all final approvals are made and the applicant switches to Employee.ex-applicant in PUI
8. Confirm Additional Personal Details are still populated in the DFF:
9. Confirm that Badge ID DFF on the assignment screen is populated as well
10.Make any kind of change to the assignment in PUI, in this case, I updated the Standard Conditions Hourly/Salaried field
11. Confirm that DFF Additional Personal Details is still populated:
12. Log back in as my example manager but this time, pick responsibility Savers Manager Self Service – Store Ops (US) > HR Actions
13. Select Action for same employee.
14. From list of available options, pick Change Badge ID > Start > Choose a date
15. Note that the Badge ID is still what I populated when I hired this Employee
16. But I need to change it for a business purpose to something different (Eg. 11111)
17. Press next, I get this error: "A value has been provided for a non-enabled or non-existent descriptive flex-field segment. (SEGMENT=ASS_ATTRIBUTE14) (VALUE=INVITED)"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document