Packaging Unit Count Is Not Considered When Generating Ship Units for an Order Release Line
(Doc ID 2233733.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.1 to 6.4.3 [Release 6.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an OR line does not have a Packaging Unit ID defined, but does have a Packaging Unit Count defined (non 0 value), OTM is disregarding the Packaging Unit Count when calculating the Ship Unit Count for a generated ship unit.
OTM is instead using the total package count for the calculation. When a Packaging Unit ID is defined, OTM is calculating the ship unit count based on the packaging unit count.
It is expected that OTM use the packaging unit count for calculating the ship unit count when a packaging unit count is defined.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create an order with an order release configuration of AUTO_CALC
2. Create an OR line that has a THU defined but does NOT have a PU defined.
3. Ensure that the packaging unit count has a non-zero value. Also ensure the that the total package count on the order release line also contains a value.
4. Save the order and generate the ship unit.
5. The ship unit count for the generated ship unit is based on the total package count defined on the order release line.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document