Volume of Partial Generated Ship Units Not Calculated Based on the Dimensions of the Transport Handling Unit and the Number of Layers on a Ship Unit
Last updated on FEBRUARY 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.1 and later
Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version 6.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The volume calculated for a partial ship unit is not desired (when a packaging unit is defined). The volume calculated is equivalent to:
Where THU is the transport handling unit defined on the order and PU is the packaging unit defined.
The volume should be calculated as follows (to use the footprint of the THU and then calculate the height of the layers and make an imaginary cube):
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Create an order with an order release configuration of AUTO_CALC
2. Create an OR line that has a THU and PU defined.
3. Ensure that the packaging unit count value is not wholly divisible by the product of Number of Layers on Ship Unit and Quantity per Layer fields (to ensure a partial ship unit is built)
4. Save the order and generate the ship unit.
5. The gross ship unit calculated for the partial ship unit will equal to:
Volume of THU + (Volume of PU * "Number of PU")
Where "Number of PU" is the number of remaining packaging units on the partial ship unit.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms