Discrepancy Between Inventory Valuation and Receiving Inspection Amount
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receiving Inspection amount is not same as Inventory Valuation amount when material overhead is defined. Items are received with PO (purchase order) unit price:184.01 x quantity:640 (=total amount:117766.4) , but Receiving Inspection amount is calculated = 117767. Why there is one amount mismatch here?
- Currency precision is set to 0.
- Material overhead is defined as below;
- Overhead1: 0.025 (total amount basis, resource_id =4561)
- Overhead2: 16.96 (item basis, resource_id =4562)
- Overhead3: 0 (item basis, resource_id =4563)
- Receive PO with PO unit price:184.01, quantity:640.
- Deliver them to Inventory.
- Material Transaction Distribution records are created as below;
|1- Inventory Valuation||1 - Material||640||117766||184.01|
|1- Inventory Valuation||2 - Material Overhead||640||13799||21.56025|
|5- Receiving Inspection||-640||-117767||184.01|
|3- Material Overhead Absorption||2 - Material Overhead||-640||-2944||4.60025||4561|
|3-Material Overhead Absorption||2 - Material Overhead||-640||-10854||16.96||4562|
|3-Material Overhead Absorption||2 - Material Overhead||-640||0||0||4563|
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms