Discrepancy Between Inventory Valuation and Receiving Inspection Amount
(Doc ID 2256204.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 23, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Receiving Inspection amount is not same as Inventory Valuation amount when material overhead is defined. Items are received with PO (purchase order) unit price:184.01 x quantity:640 (=total amount:117766.4) , but Receiving Inspection amount is calculated = 117767. Why there is one amount mismatch here?
- Currency precision is set to 0.
- Material overhead is defined as below;
- Overhead1: 0.025 (total amount basis, resource_id =4561)
- Overhead2: 16.96 (item basis, resource_id =4562)
- Overhead3: 0 (item basis, resource_id =4563)
- Receive PO with PO unit price:184.01, quantity:640.
- Deliver them to Inventory.
- Material Transaction Distribution records are created as below;
|1- Inventory Valuation||1 - Material||640||117766||184.01|
|1- Inventory Valuation||2 - Material Overhead||640||13799||21.56025|
|5- Receiving Inspection||-640||-117767||184.01|
|3- Material Overhead Absorption||2 - Material Overhead||-640||-2944||4.60025||4561|
|3-Material Overhead Absorption||2 - Material Overhead||-640||-10854||16.96||4562|
|3-Material Overhead Absorption||2 - Material Overhead||-640||0||0||4563|
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document