Last updated on APRIL 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Awards
When attempting to create PO from RFQ,
the following error occurs.
Error: "Purchase Order Creation could not be initiated. Please check with your system administrator".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Sourcing Super User
2. Create the Request For Quote (RFQ) with Controls:Allow Alternate Lines on Supplier Responses = Yes and Lines: Allow Alternate Lines = Yes for the line
3. Publish the RFQ
4. Create the Quote with Lines: Quote = No and Alternate line where Relation with RFQ lines = Alternate and send this Quote
5. Close RFQ
6. Make Award by Alternate Lines and save it.
7. Click on "Complete Award" action from RFQ
8. Create Purchase Order click on "Submit" button
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms