Last updated on MAY 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Payroll - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note provides a brief overview of
When attempting to create/update assignment costing in Manager Self-Service, an error is incorrectly thrown due to rounding issues. This happens where the costing percentage is 4 digits, including 2 decimal places.
1. An assignment costing record is created with with proportion = 94.01, but the value is automatically changed to 94.0.
2. Another row is added with proportion=5.99.
The two records should total 100% (94.01 + 5.99), but an error is thrown: "The cost allocation percentage for your current effective date do not add up to one hundred percent. You will no t be permitted to save your changes until you have corrected the records so that the total cost allocation is one hundred percent."
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login with Manager Self-Service responsibility.
- Go to Assignment Costing.
- Select "Action" for the assignment.
- Select Effective Date Option and click Continue.
- Create or update costing record with proportion similar to "5.99".
- Create or update the costing record with proportion similar to "94.01" and the value is automatically changed to "94.0".
- Error occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms