How to resolve Timekeeper Entry error - ORA-06502: PL/SQL Numeric Or Value Error
(Doc ID 2297489.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Facing the below error on Timekeeper Entry form in the scenario as follows:
Trying to submit Rehired employee's timecard for the first Time period from hire date.
From FND_LOG_MESSAGES, error message is "ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: NULL index table key value".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee is re-hired as on 01-Aug-2017.
2. Timekeeper entered the timecard and submitted. Since Assignment Time information is not created for the re-hire assignment, timecard is error-ed with "Error while validating the Earning Policy". This is expected.
3. At this point it is identified that the Hire Date is wrong. HR changed the Hire Date to 04-Aug-2017 and created assignment time information effective from 04-Aug-2017.
4. Tried to edit the timecard by putting a comment. Encountered "ORA-06502: PL/SQL numeric or value error" when saved.
5. Tried to delete the timecard and re-create it. Encountered "ORA-06502: PL/SQL numeric or value error".
(So, unable to make any changes to the timecard at this point (edit, delete, comment, add new line etc).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document