Unable to Change Owner in Installed Base. Error: "The Inventory Item (xxx) doesn't exist in the Inventory Organization (xx) provided."
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update the instance owner
the following error displays at top of Installed Base Update page
The Inventory Item (xxx) doesn't exist in the Inventory Organization (xx) provided.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Oracle Installed Base Agent User > Query instance number > Installed Base Update instance > (Change Owner) button
- Enter new owner information > Click Apply
- After click on the apply button, this is where the error displays at the top of the IB UI page
- If assign the item to xx organization and updated the owner again, get yet another error like above except with a different inventory item id in the error text.
- This gets repeated for several errors, each with a different Inventory Item number in the error text.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms