In 12.2.5 Logistics lines are added to a new sales order instead of adding to an existing sales order created for the service order
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Repair Execution
In 11i, When following the repair process all of the logistics lines are created on under the same sales order. However in 12.2.5 the ship logisitcs line is created under a new sales order instead of the same sales order used on the return lines.
The profile 'CSD: Add to order Num within Repair order default' is set to 'Yes' at the responsibility level, the expectation is that the logistics line will get added to the existing sales order.
The expectation is that ship logistics line will get added to the same Sales order as the Return line.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Oracle Apps
2. R) Depot Repair Manager -> Create Repair order.
3. In the Repair Estimate Tab -> Enter 3 lines (2 material and 1 labor etc..) and save the Estimates.
4. The estimate lines are saved successfully.
5. In the Repair Actuals tab import the 3 estimate lines successfully.
6. Select all and click on Book Selected button. Order number is generated for all the 3 lines.
Depot Repair process flow, we are creating two different logistics lines as a part of Depot Repair order. When we book charge lines from Depot Repair actuals tab, these lines get added to the Ship order (Order created from the Ship logistics line).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms