'New Child Line' and 'New Transaction Line' Buttons are Still Available on Transaction Line Screen After Selecting 'Disable Creation and Deletion of Records' Option
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Trade Compliance - Version 6.4.2 and later
Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.2 and later
Oracle Global Trade Management - Version 6.4.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A new manager layout for the GTM Transaction screen is created by copying the PUBLIC manager layout GTM_TRANSACTION. After editing the Transaction Line page grid and selecting the option to "Disable Creation and Deletion of Records" for the transaction line grid, the 'New Child Line' and 'New Transaction Line' buttons are still visible on the page when accessing the copied manager layout.
It is expected that all delete and new icons to be removed from a grid when the option "Disable Creation and Deletion of Records" is selected for a manager layout.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Configuration and Administration > User Configuration > Manager Layout.
2. Search for the public Manager Layout GTM_TRANSACTION
3. Select the checkbox next to GTM_TRANSACTION and select 'Copy Manager Layout' to create a new layout.
4. Within the newly created Manager Layout, navigate to the 'Detail' tab and select the 'Transaction Line' tab
5. Within the 'Transaction Lines' grid, click the radio button next to the 'Customize Grid' button.
6. Click the Edit Grid Properties button
7. Select the 'Disable Creation and Deletion of Records' option and click Save
8. Click Finished to save the changes to the manager layout.
9. Link the newly created manager layout to a GTM Transaction screen set which is accessible through your user menu
10. Navigate to the respective GTM transaction menu that is linked to the respective screen set pointing to the newly created manager layout
11. Search for and select to edit an exiting GTM Transaction
12. Navigate to the 'Transaction Line' tab.
13. The delete icon (previously displayed as a trash can) within the Transaction Lines grid will no longer be displayed for any transaction line. However, the 'New Child Line' and 'New Transaction Line' buttons will still be displayed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms