Non-admin Users Able To Reassign Approval Notifications Via Buyer Work Center Using View Approvals Through Workflow
(Doc ID 2359498.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.6 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Non Workflow admin users are able to assign approval notifications to themselves and approve the same using last approver's authority to approve the document.
The issue does not occur when navigating to "View Approval Through Workflow" from PO Summary form (PO Responsibility > PO Summary > Inquire > "View Approval Through Workflow")
Steps to Reproduce:
1. On Purchasing Responsibility > Buyer (Terry Green) submits PO for approval which goes to the Approver (Brian Williams)
2. Still as Buyer, Go to Purchasing Buyer Work Center. Then Navigate to Orders > Search > In Process orders > View Approval Through Workflow
3. Reassign Option becomes available
4. Where buyer can proceed to reassigning the Notification
5. PO is now delegated to Buyer (Terry), with Approver(Brian)'s approval authority
6. Buyer is able to approve PO using Approver's authority
- Profile option WF: Disable Reassign to Submitter set to Yes
- Workflow System Administrator is set to either SYSADMIN or "Workflow Administrator Web (New)" responsibility
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document