Changing Serial Number In Shipping Transactions Form Deletes Serial Numbers
(Doc ID 2378660.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Shipping Transactions form
After allocating a serial number to a specific order line and delivery detail, if user later changes that serial number in the Shipping Transactions form, ALL serial numbers that were defined but not used are lost.
When the new serial number is selected in the Shipping Transactions form, that serial number should be marked as used. All other serial numbers previously defined should remain as "defined but not used".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Order Management Super User Responsibility
2. Shipping > Transactions
3. In the Shipping transactions form, select a specific delivery detail
4. Autocreate a delivery for this line
5. Go to the deliveries tab
6. From tools menu at top, select Pick Release form
7. Submit pick release as a concurrent process, for this one delivery detail only, since pick release was launched from the delivery tab for the delivery assigned to this one delivery detail
8. Pick release completes, status of the delivery detail is now Released to Warehouse
9. Switch to Inventory user, go to Transact Move orders, find this order
10. Select the one move order line,
11. Allocate the move order, in the allocate move orders form, choose a serial number from the list of serial numbers that are "defined but not used"
12. Run the following query:
It shows a specific number of serial numbers that are "used but not defined". The result from running this query before step 1 is the same as the result from running it at step 10.
11. In the Shipping Transactions form, lines/lpns tab, see that the serial number chosen in step 9 is present.
12. Now user discovers that the wrong serial number was selected in step 9. Then user changes the serial number to the correct serial number from the Shipping Transactions form.
13. Run the above query again. Returns a count of zero. This means that after changing the serial number in the Shipping Transactions form, ALL previously defined but not used serial numbers are now unavailable.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document