Funds Available For Asset Clearing Account Showing Wrong Values, After Posting the Assets in Ledger
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Oracle Assets - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
GLXIQFUN - Funds Available Inquiry
- Funds Available For Asset Clearing Account Showing Wrong Values After Posting the Assets to the ledger (GL)
- The Funds Are Available For Asset Clearing Account, though the Asset is Purchased and Accounted
Steps to Reproduce
1. Enable Budget and Encumbrance
2. Create Budget Amount for Asset Clearing Account
3. Create an Invoice in AP and Select the Correct Code Combination in the
Invoice Distribution Line which is defined as an Asset Clearing Account
4. Run FAMACR - Mass Additions Create program
5. Run FAMAPT - Post Mass Addition program in Assets
6. Run Depreciation followed by the Create Journal Entry Program in Assets
7. Run GL Import program and Post Journals
The principle in here also applies to Project Accounting to Assets, CIP assets which will be capitalized later on.
1- A GL budget is created - Budget journals are made available at GL account level and posted
2- A Project budget is created and integrated with GL budget
3- Project budget is baselined against GL account in step 2
4- PRC: Transfer Journal entries to GL is run and posted
5- The account combination in GL budget, project baseline generation is the CIP account for the asset assigned to Capital Project
6- A requisition is created, PO is created and received
7- Commitments value in project becomes actuals
8- In GL Funds inquiry screen, encumbrance value is reduced and actuals is increased. Funds available remains the same
9- CIP asset is capitalized and mass addition is posted.
10-Create Accounting - Assets is run
11-Entries generated is Dr Asset Cost Cr CIP Cost
12-When GL Funds Inquiry is checked (GLXIQFUN), Funds available value increases whereas the Actual value becomes 0.
This is not correct. Actual value should remain same and Funds available should not change.
The same happens when "Funds Check Result" is done for Project Budget
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms