How To Execute Rollup Only For ATO Configration Items After Component Item Cost Change
(Doc ID 2415918.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Configure to Order - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is there any functionality to execute cost rollup only for ATO configuration items after component's cost is changed?
After creating configuration items with cost rollup option=Yes, sometimes configuration item cost needs to be recalculated because its component item cost is changed.
Here is scenario.
- Define ATO BOM and its cost as below. They want to rollup cost from selected option items. (excluding option class item cost.
ATO-Model -- Frozen Cost :0
+-- Option_Class_Item -- Frozen Cost :0
++-- Option_Item01 -- Frozen Cost:150
++-- Option_Item02 -- Frozen Cost:100
- Book Sales Order for Model_Item and select Option-Class01, Option-Item01.
- After running Running Auto Create configuration program with cost rollup option, configuration items "ATO-Model01*1464989" is created. Its item cost is set to CTO cost type (150) and it is expected. This is from selected option items. Here option class item cost is not rolled up here because CTO cost rollup is single level cost rollup.)
- Then they set pending cost for option item.
Option-Item01 -- Pending:150 -> 120
- Run Standard Cost Update for specific item:Option-Item01
- Run Supply Chain Cost Rollup for configuration item:ATO-Model01*1234567 with single level rollup option. This is expected result. Configuration item cost is coming from selected option items, but not from option class.
ATO-Model01*1234567 -- Frozen Cost:120
- Run Supply Chain Cost Rollup for all items. Configuration item cost is including not only selected option item's cost, but also option class, which includes unselected item's cost.
ATO-Model01*1234567 -- Frozen Cost:220
Option_Class_Item -- Frozen Cost :220
Cost of Option class is set because it has component items, and it is rolled up to configuration item:ATO-Model01*1234567. However the requirement is to set item cost of ATO-Model01*1464989 only from selected option item.
Is there any functionality to run rollup only for configuration items, which can be run once configuration item is created and cost is changed component item.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document