R12: Generate Asset Lines process and CIP Asset Costs
(Doc ID 2422061.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Asset Capitalization
There are projects with many CIP assets and need to record the CIP cost of each asset every time that there is a new cost ( new asset lines), so every month the generate asset lines process is run (even if the CIP assets are not ready to place them in service), after this process, the lines are assigned or split into CIP assets, but at the next month when the generate asset lines is run again (to recognize the new CIP asset costs) all the CIP assets returned to cost “0” and the lines that were previously assigned to them are shown as unassigned in asset lines screen.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Change the asset type from “estimated” to “as built”
2. Run process “generate asset lines” (first month)
3. Split or assigned the lines into CIP assets
4. Enter a new cost (miscellaneous transaction, AP invoice or receipt)
5. Run again process “generate asset lines” (to recognize the new CIP asset cost in the second month)
The expected behavior to run for second time “generate asset lines” is only create new lines (to assign them to the CIP assets) NOT unassigned the lines from the CIP assets.
If this is the expected:
1. Is there an option to record/manage the CIP cost, asset by asset? (in a same task we can have many CIP assets). Or
2. Is it possible to “place on hold” the CIP assets with them actual cost and then generate asset lines again?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document