Transfer Ownership Of Notification Fails With '3103 Attribute WF_NOTE' Error
(Doc ID 2460320.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Transferring ownership of purchase order (PO) or requisition approval notifications fail with the following error:
3103: Attribute 'WF_NOTE' does not exist for item 'REQAPPRV/nnnnnnn-nnnnnn'
Although according to the expected functionality explained in <Note 273907.1> the error message above should say:
ORA-20001: Do not use the Transfer option for Purchasing approvals (related to PO_WF_NOTIF_NO_TRANSFER message)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Log on as User1 and create a new requisition.
2. Forward the new requisition to User2.
3. Requisition 1234 has been submitted to User2 for approval.
4. Log on as User2
5. Notification --> Purchase Requisition 1234 for User1 (2.00 USD)
6. Click on Reassign
7. Enter Assignee as User3
8. Check "Transfer notification ownership" checkbox
9. Click Submit
10. Error message below occurs:
3103: Attribute 'WF_NOTE' does not exist for item 'REQAPPRV/1902344-299004'
Instead of the expected:
ORA-20001: Do not use the Transfer option for Purchasing approvals
Issue also occurs with Vacation Rule transfers where the error appears in the notification as per steps below:
Vacation Rule reproduction steps:
1. Define Vacation Rule using transfer ownership option
2. Submit requisition to approver which has notification for the requisition
3. Notification has "3103: Attribute 'WF_NOTE' does not exist for item" error message
Applied <Patch 22644544> Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3+ Recommended Patch Collection 5 [RPC5]
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document