TDS: ORA-00001: unique constraint (JA.JAI_AP_TDS_DEFAULT_U1) violated in TDS Tax Details (Duplicate Adhoc Tax Lines)
(Doc ID 2465977.1)
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Financials for India - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, TDS
When attempting to validate the invoice
the following error occurs.
ORA-00001: unique constraint (JA.JAI_AP_TDS_DEFAULT_U1) violated
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Scenario : When an invoice is created from PO and receipt with adhoc taxes/manually created.
In TDS tax details, the Adhoc Tax line appears twice and on validation, TDS is not deducted and TDS invoice is not generated.
If TDS tax category is applied only for one of the Adhoc lines, then also TDS category gets assigned to both lines and finally TDS is not deducted.
1. Create a PO with taxes - gst and adhoc
2. Create a Receipt for the PO
3. Create an Invoice for the receipt where the gst taxes and adhoc taxes are
4. In TDS Tax Details, duplicate lines appear for the Adhoc tax line
5. TDS tax category applied for one line but on saving gets applied for both
6. On invoice validation, no TDS is deducted and following error message is
encountered in TDS Tax Details:
ORA-00001 : unique constraint (JA.JAI_AP_TDS_DEFAULT_UI) violated
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot generate TDS and results in compliance issues
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document