Patch 25820806 (R12.AD.C.Delta.10) Fails With Error "Please apply adgrants.sql file in database tier before applying this patch"
(Doc ID 2475338.1)
Last updated on JULY 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Applications DBA - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Patch Application Issues
When applying the AD Patch 25820806 (R12.AD.C.Delta.10) along with Patch 27254132:R12.AD.C as per Doc ID 1617461.1, the following error occurs:
Please apply adgrants.sql file in database tier before applying this patch
[UNEXPECTED]Error occurred executing "adpatch abandon=yes restart=no workers=20 wait_on_failed_job=yes console=no interactive=no defaultsfile=/XXX/YYY/ZZZ/fs2/EBSapps/appl/admin/patch/adalldefaults.txt patchtop=/XXX/YYY/ZZZ/fs1/EBSapps/appl/admin/PTCH/log/ADOP_MRG_20181113_1542131631 driver=u_ad_3305666211.drv logfile=u_ad_3305666211.log"
[UNEXPECTED]Refer to the log files for more information.
[UNEXPECTED]Apply phase has failed.
The issue can be reproduced at will by executing step 5 (see below) from note "Applying the Latest AD and TXK Release Update Packs to Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1617461.1)"
3.1.2 Run Installation Steps
1. Source the run edition environment file.
2. Apply the latest application tier technology patches to the run file system.
3. Start up only the Oracle Weblogic Admin Server on the run edition application tier file system.
4. Unzip patches and run adgrants.
5. On the run edition application tier file system, apply Patch 25820806 (R12.AD.C.Delta.10) and Patch 27254132:R12.AD.C in hotpatch mode.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document