Shipment Remark Unique Constraint with VPD Profile - "Cannot add the SHIPMENT_REMARK record. [SHIPMENT_GID, REMARK_SEQUENCE] must be unique."
(Doc ID 2496032.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a user with a VDP profile where table SHIPMENT_REMARK only allows a view of a certain type of remark tried to add a new remark a unique constraint error is set.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Shipment Management > Shipment Management > Buy Shipments. Inquire on an existing shipment and add 2 remarks.
2) DBA Tools > SQL Servlet. Run the following SQL.
SQL = select * from shipment_remark where shipment_gid = 'shipment ID'.
Note the results show column REMARK_SEQUENCE is part of the primary key.
3) Configuration and Administration > VPD Profile. Create a VDP profile where table SHIPMENT_REMARK only allows a view of the REM remark.
4) Configuration and Administration > User Management > User Role. Create a user role that uses the ONLY_REM_REMARKS VPD Profile.
5) Configuration and Administration > User Management > User Manager. Create a user that uses the ONLY_REM_REMARKS role.
6) Log into to OTM as the new user.
7) Shipment Management > Shipment Management > Buy Shipments. Inquire on the existing shipment and view remarks. Note only the REM remark can be seen. Try and add another remark and the error occurs.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot add new remarks when secured out of certain remark types.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document