Serial Number Is Wrongly Scanned From Barcode Scan Device On WIP Completion Form
(Doc ID 2496072.1)
Last updated on JUNE 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On WIP Completion transaction, barcord scanning device is used to enter Serial Number for assembly items, instead of typing it though keyboard. Then sometimes serial number is scanned incorrectly, e.g. barcode is "XX", but Serial number form shows it as "X". When the same barcode is scanned again, it is scanned correctly. Therefore this is not a barcode problem. When the delay is added in the scanner. the rate of bad scans is reduced.
Serial Number can be scanned correctly by a barcode scan device.
Steps to Reproduce
- Connect a barcode scan device to the client PC.
- Log in Application and navigate to WIP > Material Transactions > Completion Transactions
- Enter required information and click Continue button.
- Click Lot/Serial Button.
- Enter Serial number using barcode scan device.
- Some character is missing or wrongly scanned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document