Language Characters Replaced By '?' In Error Screen
(Doc ID 2531394.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 6.4.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
French accent characters appear as question marks in the error message.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Configuration and Administration > User Configuration > Screen Set Manager. Copy PUBLIC screen set INVOICE_INVOICE. On the Results tab click More on the Invoice/Bill Date column then change to Editable.
2) Configuration and Administration > User Configuration > Menu Manager. Add the screen set to a menu.
3) Configuration and Administration > User Configuration > Manage User Access. In the User Access Type field, select the option Action Checks. Click Edit User Access.
4) Create an Action check as follows.
Audit Action ID = EDIT INVOICE
Allow Condition = FAILURE CONDITION
Cause = LABEL (Created with English/French with accent characters)
Solution = LABEL (Created with English/French with accent characters)
5) Change user language preference to French. Log out and back into OTM.
5) Go to the Custom menu and choose Invoice.
6) Inquire on Invoice then change the Invoice/Bill Date in the screenset result, not in the UI. Click Save. The error message displays correctly in French, however all of the accent characters have been replaced by question marks.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document