Updating the User Name In User Management changes the Account Status value to "External"
(Doc ID 2568470.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
Applies to:Oracle User Management - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.4 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.1.3 and 12.2.4 version, Data Privacy
1. Create a user account using user management
2. Check user account in User form and account status is "Active"
3. change the user account name using User Management
4. Check user account in User form again and account status is "External"
1. Create a user using User -> Define form
2. In FND_USER table ENCRYPTED_FOUNDATION_PASSWORD and ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD will be some encrypted values.
3. Update the user name using User Management -> Users.
4. Query for the user in fnd_user table.
5. Values of ENCRYPTED_FOUNDATION_PASSWORD and ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD get update from previous encrypted values to "EXTERNAL".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document