The Validation Script for Projects Data Analysis Using OLAP Is Failing
(Doc ID 2616154.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.6 version, Upgrade
Projects Data Analysis using OLAP failing validation script
Successfully completed the first two steps of upgrading project summary reporting to OLAP and were able to generate the OLAP data for all of the relevant projects. But when the validation script (pa_upg_validation) is run on sample projects, 9 out of 10 fail for numerous reasons. Some of the reasons include:
1. The script originally returned 0 rows because it required the RBS_VERSION_ID be one where the primary reporting wbs flag was 'N'. We have no such RBS assignments, so it returned no rows. We removed that requirement to be able to get data back.
2. Getting differences on effort between OLAP and pre and post. Often these appear to be rounding differences, but sometimes these are vast.
3. Sometimes seeing a major difference between pre- and post- effort numbers.
4. Often get higher post-upgrade actuals than the pre-upgrade numbers. This occur because there are multiple plan versions with -1 that tie to different task structures. It also occurs when there are some plan version -1 records where the structure ID is 0. The individual numbers on those plans are correct, but the validation query choose all of them and they double or triple the amounts.
5. Differences in actuals between pre- and OLAP actual numbers in some cases. When pre- and post- actuals don't match, sometimes OLAP matches post and sometimes is matches pre-. All of those fail
Based on the frequent discrepancies between pre- and post-, there might be a problem with the data upgrade, so need to know how to resolve these various differences.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document