ER:30628570 : Item Orderability Rules Are Not Working For Service Items And Subscriptions
(Doc ID 2617938.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Item Usage
Item Orderability Rules for Item Category “XX” is not working as anticipated. The
Item Category XX is not generally available to all customer. Only the customers
listed in Item orderability rules are expected to be able to order the item with that
category and rest should not be able to order the item with that category.
Users are able Enter and Book orders for customers with this item. The item
orderability rules are not working for Service Items and/or Subscriptions.
It is expected that the users would receive the the following messaging:
“Item Orderability Rules prevents the Item x belonging to Category x from being ordered”
and this customer CUST1 is not able to order the item 'nnnn' since this customer
(nnnn) is not in the LOV for ordering this item..
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Setup > Rules > Item Orderability for this item and list of customers
3. OE: Item Validation Organization = Item Master item (nnnnn)
4. Create new Sales Order XXXXXX for a customer who is NOT eligible for this item (nnnnn)
5. Observe: User is able to Enter, Book, Pick and Process this order without any errors even
though this customer is not listed in the Rule level Values for this item.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document