After Applying the CPU Patches, Attachments Downloaded From Email Center Emails Are Not Opening
(Doc ID 2627130.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Email Center - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Setup and Configuration
When sending email from external sender to Email Center account, it is showing popup messages when opening the attachments.
After clicking on "Ok" button in error popup, then the attachments are opening.
But when sending emails (internal sender) within the Email Center application, the attachments are showing as "UNKNOWN" and not able to open it.
The attachment functionality should work fine for both internal and external senders emails
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Apply the CPU patch 29899572 and patch 29697144
1. Send the attached email to your EMC linked mailbox from internal.
2. When the email is downloaded into Email center , Click on the attachment to open. It showing below message and then able to open after click on Ok.
"Excel cannot file 'xxxxx.XLS' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that file has not been corrupted and the file extension matches the format of the file"
3. When trying to Open word documents: The following error messages are shown. But the attachment is opened after clicking OK on the popup.
"We're sorry. We can;t open xxxxx.docx because we found a problem with its contents"
"Word found unreadable content in xxxxx.docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of the document, click Yes."
1. The email is sent from external sender to Email Address linked to the EMC Mailbox.
2. When this email is received in Email center we can see that the email is shown with an UNKNOWN attachment. Users cannot open it and cannot see anything.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document