Okc_terms_qa_pvt Okc_k_articles_bh Unique Constraint Violation
(Doc ID 2648656.1)
Last updated on MARCH 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to approve a PO, in some cases, the approval gets stuck in "In Process" status.
The notification shows the following error:
The document manager failed with error number.
Error Number 3 = Unknown error.
Somehow a PO is getting terms from another PO placed in it's okc_k_articles_b kart table and when it
tries to archive it off to okc_k_articles_bh there is a constraint violation because it already has a revision
1 from it's parent in the archive table.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Purchasing manager --> Orders
2. Create a standard PO, add contract terms
3. Apply a template and then add a clause and submit for approval.
4. Before logging out, create another PO, you will see the old contract terms are automatically showing
up in the screen with the new clause added
5. Upon submitting errors are seen but then after logging out and re-querying the new PO,
the terms are adjusted.
6. When you keep on creating revisions and adding clauses somehow, some of the clauses get into the POs
that were not added and create this issue.
7. When you preview the contract, you will see the extra clause added in there.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document