GTM Party Synchronization Not Sending Newly Created Contact Added To Party Site
(Doc ID 2670525.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a new contact name is added during Sales Order Entry and the new contact is specified as a Ship-To Contact on the Line Items/Addresses tab, line workflow does not progress beyond Awaiting Export Screening. Additionally, the new contact is not processed by the Party Synchronization concurrent request.
Expect the new party to be processed by Party Synchronization, and expect the workflow on the order lines to progress to Awaiting Shipping
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Customer has created a customized version of the Party Synchronization request which allows inputs of decimal numbers.
2. Customer has scheduled this request to run every 5 minutes, with the Created in Last N Days and Updated in Last N Days parameters to 0.004. This is 5.76 minutes (5 minutes, 45 seconds)
3. Enter new Sales order. On the Order Information / Main tab, enter a customer contact that does not already exist
4. System prompts 'Contact not found. Do you want to create it? User selects "Yes"
5. In Add Customer form, input first and last name for the new customer contact
6. In the line items/main tab, enter 4 order lines for 4 different items
7. In the Addresses tab, select the new ship-to contact for the first 2 lines. Leave ship-to contact blank for the 3rd and 4th lines
8. Book the order
9. In the line items/main tab, see that the status of all 4 lines is Awaiting Export Screening\
10. Wait 5 minutes. During this wait time, the automated Party Sync program runs
11. Review the order again, on the Line items / main tab, see that the status is still 'Awaiting Export Screening' for the first 2 lines (which has the new ship-to contact), and is 'Awaiting Shipping' for the last 2 lines (which does not have the new ship-to contact)
12. Query on WSH_ITM_REQUEST_CONTROL shows first two lines have progress flag = 1 (meaning not sent to GTM), and the last 2 lines have process_flag = -4 (meaning sent to GTM and response received)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document