Installation Of Workflow Builder 2.6.3 Failed By 'Error encountered when registering wfnvg.ocx'.
(Doc ID 2688188.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Workflow - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer tried to install Workflow Builder 2.6.3(p6970344_R12_WINNT) to their Windows 10 64bit PC referring to the following documents.
Recommended Set Up for Client/Server Products with Oracle E-Business Suite 11i & R12 (Doc ID 277535.1)
Workflow Builder Client
Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Users
Workflow Builder Client 2.6.3 (Patch 6970344) is certified for Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 and 12.1 on the following Windows desktop operating systems:
Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32-bit & 64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
Note: Although the readme of Patch 6970344 states it is for EBS 12.1 users, it can also be used with EBS 12.2 and EBS 11i.
Note: Installation requires running the executable in Windows 'Compatibility Mode'. For further details see the Windows Compatibility Mode section below.
Windows Compatibility Mode
Installing certain applications on Windows Vista or Windows 7 may require installation through Windows compatibility mode. The Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) will not run successfully on these platforms so there is a requirement to run in XP compatibility mode to install the application successfully. To install an application in compatibility mode use one of the methods outlined below:
Setting Compatibility Mode Manually
To set compatibility mode before running the executable follow these steps;
1. Right click on the 'setup.exe' for the application
2. Select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' and the 'Program Compatibility' window should open
3. Click the option 'Try recommended settings'
4. The 'Windows compatibility mode' should be set to 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)' or 'Windows XP (Service Pack 3)'
5. Click the 'Start the program...'
6. If the 'User Account Control' window opens with the message, 'Do you want to allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?', select 'Yes'
7. The 'Oracle Universal Installer' window should now open allowing installation of the application
However, they got the following error.
The customer tried to install Workflow Builder 2.6.3(p6970344_R12_WINNT) to their Windows 10 64bit PC.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document