OKE: Deliverable Based Billing Invoices Charged Against the Wrong Agreement when Multiple Contracts are Involved.
(Doc ID 2691739.1)
Last updated on JULY 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Project Billing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Project Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When multiple contracts charging the same child project are billed using Deliverable Based Billing, the wrong contract agreement is charged.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an awarded contract 'ED DBB' with a parent project 'ED-Parent Project' and 1 child project assigned at the contract line level, line 1, 'ED-Child Contract'.
2. On Contract 'ED DBB', added funding to the agreement 'ED-Parent Contract' created in funding workbench and assigned funding for contract line 1 to 'ED-Child Contract'. Created Agreement in PA.
3. Verified the agreement 'ED-Parent Contract' exists in PA
4. Added a task level budget for 'ED-Child Contract', Contract line 1. Baselined it.
5. In DTS 'Default Deliverables' and add info to the deliverable for contract line 1
6. In Deliverable-Based Billing, query the deliverable and create an event based on the deliverable. Initiate Billing
7. Verify that event 1 exists in PA
8. Run the PRC: Generate Draft Invoices for a Single Project process and an invoice is created on the child project 'ED-Child Contract' but against the parent agreement 'ED-Parent Contract'.
9. Create a second contract 'ED DBB3'. Master project also 'ED-Parent Contract'.
10. In Funding Workbench, add agreement 'ED-Parent Contract 2' with funding also to 'ED-Child Contract' (the same project as the other contract).
11. Added to the task level budget for 'ED-Child Contract' (both agreements totaling $90K). Baselined it.
12. In DTS for contract 'ED DBB3', 'Default Deliverables' and add info to the deliverable for contract line 1
13. In Deliverable-Based Billing, query the deliverable and create an event based on the deliverable. Initiate Billing
14. Verify the event exists in PA. Event number 2
15. Run the PRC: Generate Draft Invoices for a Single Project process and an invoice is created on the child project but against against 'ED-Parent Contract' not 'ED-Parent Contract 2'.
The agreement not associated with the contract is being billed. When the first event is billed (before adding the second contract), the correct agreement is used, but the second event after the second contract is added, uses the wrong agreement.
Two contracts: Contract 'ED DBB' with the funding source agreement 'ED-Parent Contract' and contract 'ED DBB3' with the funding source agreement 'ED-Parent Contract 2'. When a deliverable is created against 'ED DBB3' for child project 'ED-Child Project', it uses agreement 'ED-Parent Contract', the funding source for the OTHER contract. The expectation would be it would use 'ED-Parent Contract 2' the funding source for the contract the deliverable is billed on.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document