Award Rejected When Vacation Rule Or Delegation Defined - ORA-20241
(Doc ID 2697859.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Sourcing - Version 12.2.5 to 12.2.9 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Sourcing, Release 12.2.5 through 12.2.9, an error occurs when trying to approve an award, when a vacation rule or delegate action is defined for one of the approvers.
Due to this issue, the award cannot be approved and the purchase order is not created as a result.
Error Subject = Rejected due to an error: Award Recommendation for RFQ 16156 (RFQ)
Application Error = The award recommendation is automatically rejected due to an error in Oracle Approvals Management. Please contact the OAM Administrator.
OAM Error = ORA-20241: An invalid approver has been encountered while processing the action type hr position level. Please verify the setup and the approvers used in current action type. Invalid approver originating system POS and originating system ID 113275
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an RFQ, published.
2. Suppliers enter their bids (quotes) for the RFQ.
3. The RFQ is closed.
4. Create the award and submit for approval. One of the approvers in the approval chain has a vacation rule or delegation created.
5. After the final approver takes the approve action, the award approval is rejected.
On the Award Approval History (RFQ 16156) page, it shows
- User A - Submitted
- User B - Approved
- User C - Delegated
- User D - Approved
- Rejected - The award recommendation is automatically rejected due to an error in Oracle Approvals Management. Please contact the OAM Administrator.
The issue has the following business impact:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document