PAXBUEBU: Deleting Project Budget Lines Gives Incorrect Balances when Using Encumbrances
(Doc ID 2707567.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 04, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Deleting project budget lines leads to wrong figures when using encumbrances.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create Project
2. Create Budget for this Project (so that accounting flexfield (AFF) is on account A)
3. Approve the budget
4. Transfer journal entries to GL from PA
5. Create requisition for this project (amount smaller that budget total)
6. Approve requisition
7. Transfer journal entries to GL from PO
8. Call up existing budget for the project, delete the existing lines and create new lines (so that AFF is on account B)
9. Approve the Budget
10. Transfer journal entries to GL from PA
In step 8 the entire encumbrance created in 2 will be reversed, without considering that part of the encumbrance has already been reversed as a result of step 6.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document