Getting Error - "Cannot delete master record when matching detail records exists", When Trying To Delete A Defined Security Profile
(Doc ID 2722399.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to delete a security profile from the application, which is no more in use, following error appears on the status bar
"Cannot delete master record when matching detail records exists"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login using "HRMS Manager" Responsibility.
2. Navigate to Security --> Profile.
3. Query the profile, which needs to be deleted.
4. Now delete the same using the delete icon in tool bar, and got the above error message displayed in the status bar after by passing the initial thrown warning messages.
5. When queried table "fnd_profile_option_values" there is no record in the table for the Security profile ID associated to the Profile being deleted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document