PAXCARVW: Capital Projects Assets Form Errors if no Assets are Entered: 'Please save or discard all pending changes before continuing'
(Doc ID 2727977.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Versions 120.28.12010000.54, 120.28.12010000.55 are reported to reproduce the issue, however other forms versions may reproduce the same case.
On Capital Projects form, click Assets button to check if there are any Assets assigned. Do not perform any changes at all - if no Assets exist and none are entered new, the form loops in error and cannot be closed.
Please save or discard all pending changes before continuing
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: PA responsibility > Capitalization > Projects
2. Query a project number - capital project
3. Click on Assets button, observe none are assigned
4. Do not touch the form in any way, just attempt to close
5. Get error and note the system tried to insert a blank line - preparing the instance for data entry, which is not user's intention; Project Asset Type changes from null value to "Estimated" so the form was changed without user's intervention.
The user just wants to check if there are any Assets assigned, with no intention to enter any Assets here. The form is locked in error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document