R12: AP: After Automatic Offset Method Changed To Balancing, Accounting For Invoice With Self-Assessed Tax Fails With Error 0; Self-Assessed Tax Liability Credit Line Is Not Generated.
(Doc ID 2751766.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Self-Assessed Tax Liability Accounting Line Not Generated For Invoice With Self-Assessed Tax, After Automatic Offset Method Changed To Balancing
Create Accounting fails on Invoice with self-assessed tax. Unbalanced accounting generated.
Create accounting does not generate the "Self Assessed Tax Liability" - Credit accounting line for an invoice with self-assessed taxes.
The "Subledger Accounting Program Report" shows the following error for the failing invoice:
The "Subledger Accounting Program Report" shows the following unbalanced accounting lines generated for the invoice:
|Line||Accounting Class||Debit or Credit|
|3||Self-Assessed Non-Rec Tax||Debit|
Line 4 - Self Assessed Tax Liability - Credit - Is Not Generated
Here is an excerpt of the Subledger Accounting Program Report:
Steps to reproduce:
- Login sing Payable Responsibility.
- Open the "Payables Options"
(N) SetUp > Options > Payables OPtions
- In the [Accounting Options] tab Change the "Acutomatic Offset Method" to Balancing.
- Save changes.
- Open the "Invoice Workbench"
(N)Invoices > Entry > Invoices
- Create a New Invoice with the proper values to generate Self-Assessed Taxes.
- Validate the Invoice using the Online Validation.
- Open the "Standard Request Submission" (SRS) screen
(N)Other > Requests > Run
- Submit the "Create Accounting" program.
- Review the request Out and Log
Changed the Payables Accounting Option "Automatic OffSet Method" to Balancing
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|A. To check and confirm you are missing the JLTs mentioned above.|
|B. To correct the issue, add the missing JLTs|
|C. If still a problem, please submit a new Service Request (SR) with Oracle Support.|