PAPAYIMP/PALDLC Premium Hours From OTL Interface To PA With 0 Qty Cannot Be Costed With Actual Method
(Doc ID 2765813.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- OTL is used to enter hours.
- OTLR is used to calculate overtime and premium hours.
- Employees receive a premium for hours worked on Sunday.
- The hours are interfaced to PA and a line is created for the premium hours with a zero quantity.
Reproduce by Steps:
1. Use Projects responsibility
2. Run PRC: Process Payroll Actuals process.
3. Run PRC: Distribute Labor Costs process.
The expenditures remain on the exception report as uncosted items, and the period has to be closed in a Closed Pending status.
Since these items are not costed, they are not picked up to sweep to the next period with the PRC: Sweep Transaction Accounting Events process either.
User tried creating a new expenditure type for the premium hours, and set it up to require a rate and entered a rate of zero.
The rate is ignored by the PRC: Distribute Labor Costs process because the costing method is Actual.
What Is Needed:
These hours need to be excluded from the OTL transfer OR allowed to cost at a rate of $0.
There is an OTL profile option to exclude premium hours from Projects, which is set to N. It was previously set to Yes, which transferred the premium hours in addition to all the work hours on the timesheet which resulted in the hours for the pay period being overstated in Projects.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document