Workflow Notifications are not delivered to the desired FND User Login. Workflow transactions shows Error "3205: 'XXXXX.YYYYY' is not a valid role or user name" in Sysadmin Error Notification.
(Doc ID 2782449.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.2 HRMS RUP13 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An Approver is mapped to 2 different user names by mistake. So one of the user name wrongly mapped is end dated.
Now when Submitting any Transaction for Approval to this Approver, following error appears in the Workflow side and Error-ed notification with the below mentioned error is received by the Sysadmin user.
"Error Name = WFNTF_ROLE
Error Message = 3205: 'XXXXX.YYYYY' is not a valid role or user name.
Error Stack =
Wf_Notification.SendGroup(XXXXX.YYYYY, HRSSA, HR_EMBED_RN_NTF_APPR_MSG, 07-MAY-2022, WF_ENGINE.CB)
Wf_Engine_Util.Notification_Send(HRSSA, 2152, 273618, HRSSA:HR_EMBED_RN_NTF_APPR_MSG)
Wf_Engine_Util.Notification(HRSSA, 2152, 273618, RUN)"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to application using the user login which has "System Administrator" responsibility.
2. Navigate to Security --> User Define.
3. Query for the Approver Person record and observe that it is mapped to two user names.
4. End date the wrongly mapped user name and save it.
5. Leave the other mapped user name active.
6. Now login to application using Subordinate's user name.
7. Navigate to Employee Self Service --> Absence Management. (Example Transaction. Issue happens across all transaction).
8. In the launched page, click on "Create Absence" button.
9. In the launched page, fill in the absence details and submit the same for approval.
10. The work-list notification in the Subordinates login, shows the leave record has been submitted for Approval.
11. Now login as approver into the application.
12. In the application home page, observe that the Leave pending approval notification is not seen, home page work-list.
13. Now navigate to Manager Self Service --> Absence Management.
14. In the launched page, select the Employee for whom the leave records are submitted for approval.
15. Click on "Action" icon against the selected employee record and in the launched page able to see that the Pending Approval Leaves are being displayed.
16. Now again logged in as "Sysadmin" user into the application.
17. In the home page work-list, able to see the error-ed notification. When opened the same, saw the above mentioned error message.
18. Now logged in application using the user login which has "System Administrator" responsibility.
19. Navigated to Workflow --> Administrator Workflow --> Status Monitor.
20. Queried the workflow associated to Internal Name "HRSSA" and whose status are in error.
21. Search returned the above error-ed Absence transaction record.
22. Selected the same and when clicked on "Activity History".
23. In the launched page, observed an error-ed activity and when opened the error by clicking on the "error" link, saw the above mentioned error message in the launched page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document