R12 Project Billing Cannot Generate Retention Invoices
(Doc ID 2812533.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Project Billing - Version 12.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The report MGT: Revenue, Cost, Budgets by Work Breakdown Structure shows the concession amounts applied on retention invoices as Unbilled Retention.
The expectation is that the report should not consider concession amounts applied on retention invoices as Unbilled Retention balance.
Navigation Path to run the report:
1. Create a contract project with retention setup, say 10% flat retention at project level;
2. Create baselined funding for the project and create few events with bill amounts;
3. Generate invoice for the project;
4. Run invoice interface/Autoinvoice Import and Tieback programs to mark the invoice as Accepted in Receivables;
5. Apply a concession on the invoice generated in step 3;
6. Apply a write-off on the invoice generated in step 3;
7. Release both the credit memos created in steps 5 & 6;
8. Now change retention setup rules to bill the retained amount;
9. Generate retention invoice for the project and release the retention invoice;
10. Run necessary program to make the invoice generated in step 9 to Accepted status;
11. Apply a concession amount on the retention invoice generated in step #9 and release the concession invoice out of this action;
12. Run the concerned report program MGT: Revenue, Cost, Budgets by Work Breakdown Structure and the Unbilled Retention balance shown in the report DOES NOT equal to the sum of bill amount of RETENTION lines of all invoices generated in step 3, 5, 6 and 9, BUT NOT THE ONE FROM STEP
However, when running the PRC Generate Draft invoice it does not bill for the retention.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document