Encounter Error "ORA-20001: " While Updating a DOR (Documents of Record) Record when there exists another DOR Record With the Same Document Number but with Different Valid From and Valid To Dates
(Doc ID 2827203.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.2.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to update DOR, following error appears
ERROR (While updating from Self-Service function)
ERROR (While updating using API)
ORA-20001: The &TYPE valid between &DATE_FROM and &DATE_TO already exists.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login using "Employee Self-Service" responsibility
2. Navigate to Documents of Record
3. Create a DOR record by entering the Document Type, Document Number, Valid From and Valid To and submit the same
4. Create another DOR by leaving the Document Number blank and just entering the Document Type, Valid From and Valid To such that the Valid From and Valid To dates are different from that of the dates entered for the record in Step 3
5. Now update the DOR record created in Step 4 with the same document number that was entered for DOR created in Step 3
6. Encounter the above error
7. Same issue happens while executing the API "hr_document_extra_info_api.update_doc_extra_info"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document