Purchase Order Cancellation Initiated Through Requester Change Order Shows Error 'The accounting date is not in an open encumbrance period'
(Doc ID 2847451.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.4 and later
Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Change Order
While trying to submit a requestor change Order to cancel the Purchase Order, change request for PO is stuck due to below error:
Reason for Reserve failure is:
Line #1 Shipment #1 Distribution #1 The accounting date is not in an open encumbrance period.
You can take one of the following actions:
1. You may try to override funds reservation failure from this notification(Please note that override will succeed if allowed by the Budgetary Control Setup).
2. Fix the problem with the document or the budgetary controls and try reserving again from notification
3. Forward this document to a person that has the authority to reserve
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login as Requestor
2. Go to Requisition Tab > Select the requisition
3. Click on Change
4. Initiate change request on PR
5. Requisition stuck in "In Process"
6. Approver has received notification with the above error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document