Degree Symbol When Used In Process Instructions Is Not Displayed Correctly On the Instruction
(Doc ID 2848309.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2022
Applies to:Oracle MES for Process Manufacturing - Version 12.2.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.8 version
When trying to include the degree symbol in process instructions, it is interpreted incorrectly and includes extra characters. Example: When trying to include text such as "75ºC-80ºC", it saves in the instructions as "75ÂºC-80ÂºC."
Degree Symbol to be correctly interpreted.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Retrieve a recipe with Enhanced Process Instructions using navigation : Process Engineer > Recipes > Find Recipes > Recipe Details
2. Click (Menu) Actions > Process Instructions
3. In the newly opened web page, click on the instruction set to update and click on the instruction.
4. In the Instruction Text add text that includes a degree symbol.
5. Save and return to the instruction to check how the degree symbol is being displayed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document