Unable To Receive Components for a Subcontracting Purchase Order - Locator Is Invalid
(Doc ID 2876858.1)
Last updated on JUNE 18, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Outsourced Mfg for Discrete Industries - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A subcontracting Purchase Order (PO) is created with a project/task reference at the distribution level.
When attempting to run the Auto Receive Components request, the following error occurs.
"Error: Locator is invalid. Please specify a valid locator."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. A subcontracting PO is created
2. The Interlock Manager does the following:
- Creates a discrete job in the organization with a project/task reference
- Creates a replenishment purchase order for components in the organization with a project/task reference
- Creates a sales order for components in the organization with project/task reference
3.Once the components are shipped, launch the "Auto Receive Components" concurrent program. This program creates a logical locator with project/task reference in the organization, but it is unable to complete the receiving process. It fails in the RCV_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE table with the status error and the message "Error: Locator is invalid. Please specify a valid locator."
Note that the receipts work fine when done from the Receipt form.
It is only when using the Auto Receive Components request that the error occurs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document