12.1.3 vs.12.2.9 BEHAVIOR DIFFERENCES WITH SSD ON SALES ORDER LINES WHEN DATA IS PROCESSED
(Doc ID 2904895.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 28, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Release Management - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Is there any option to have it behavior like it was previously in Release 12.1.3?
Scheduled Ship Date getting updated when processing orders from Release Management Workbench
We recently upgrade from EBS 12.1.3 to 12.2.9. We are seeing a difference in the behavior of the Scheduled Ship Date
(in Organizer on the lines) when data is process from Release Management Workbench. Let me explain how it is
behaving in both:
12.1.3: When a schedule is processed through Release Management Workbench (using the Submit Demand Processor function)
to a sales order, if the data matches up to an existing order line with the same Request Date, the Scheduled Ship Date is not
12.2.9: When a schedule is processed through Release Management Workbench (using the Submit Demand Processor function)
to a sales order, if the data matches up to an existing order line with the same Request Date, the Scheduled Ship Date is
modified to match the Request Date on the order line.
Clarifying why this behavior changed in 12.2.9.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Process a new schedule through the Release Management Workbench with a customer request date of 6/1/22.
2. Go to Order Organizer and pull up the newly created order line. Observe that both the Request Date and Scheduled Ship Date are 6/1/22.
3. Change the scheduled ship date to 7/1/22. But leave the Request Date as 6/1/22.
4. Process a second schedule through the Release Management Workbench for the same customer, item, and date (6/1/22).
5. Go to Order Organizer and pull up the same order line. Note that the order line will show "Updated" with a new timestamp.
6. Observe that the Scheduled Ship Date on the order lie will be modified automatically to show 6/1/22 (so that it matches the Request Date). It will no longer show 7/1/22.
Can it be reverted back so that the Scheduled Ship Date isn't getting modified when schedules are processed through RLM?
In Release 12.1.3, the above steps would have resulted in having the Scheduled Ship Date still set to 7/1/22. However in Release 12.2.9, it has been changed to 6/1/22.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document