Error Occurs "Invalid Unit of measure for this item" On Order Entry When Items Defined With ‘Item Specific’ UOM Conversion Is Entered With Non-Base UOM
(Doc ID 2946300.1)
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After 12.2.11 upgrade, If an item is defined with UOM Conversion as 'Item Specific' and with a primary UOM that is not the base UOM of that UOM class, order entry is failing when user tries to enter a line with that item and the base UOM of the class of Primary UOM. Following error occurs
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Oracle Applications
2. Go to Order Management Super User Responsibility
3. Navigate to MENUPATH > Order, Returns > Sales order
4. On order lines enter Item with converted UOM where UOM conversion is defined as "Item Specific"
5. An error message occurs and line cannot be saved with converted UOM. Error : "Invalid Unit of measure for this item"
On Application Upgrade to 12.2.11
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document