When Fulfillment Transaction On Model Is Interfaced to Installed Base The Extended Warranty Is Not Created For The New Instance After Non Serialized Item Is Expired
(Doc ID 2969235.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After shipment an Item Instance of a Non Serialized component is created and the Service Contracts Order Processing Program will pick this instance and associate it with the Extended warranty. Later Fulfillment on Model is interfaced to Installed Base and it is expiring the non serialized component item instance and recreates the Item Instance but the Extended Warranty did not get created for the new Item Instance as the Service Contracts Order Procesing Program gets executed before the fulfillment transaction completes and hence the Extended Warranty is not created for the new Instance. Before picking and processing the record and creating Extended Warranty, OKS needs to verify that the related transaction is successfully interfaced into Installed Base.
The Issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Order Management (R)
2) Transaction executed to ship non-serialized component
3) IB Instance created for non-serialized component along with the Extended Warranty
4) Fulfillment on model is interfaced to IB and non serialized item is expired and new one is created
5) During fulfillment, new non serialized item Instance recreated
6) Service Contracts Order Processing Program gets executed before the fulfillment transaction completes and hence the Extended Warranty is not created for the new Instance.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document