Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 11.5.10 to 11.5.10 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The delivery location LOV in iProcurement allows users to choose locations associated to any inventory organization in which an item is enabled.
The LOV also allows the user to choose a location that is not associated to any inventory organization; however, in this case, the deliver-to organization will
default to the master item inventory organization. The iProcurement user is not allowed to change the defaulted deliver-to organization value. The deliver-to
organization value is defaulted based on the inventory organization identified in the location setup. If there is no inventory organization assigned in the location setup form,
the deliver to organization defaults as the item master inventory organization.
Steps To Reproduce
1. Setup multiple inventory organizations and one master inventory organization.
2. Set the Financial Options in Purchasing to the master inventory organization (item master).
3. Define Locations as Global and do not specify an inventory org assignment on the Other Details tab.
Define Locations is available from Core Apps Purchasing / Setup / Organizations / Locations.
4. Setup Employee records with an assignment that has the location populated as well as the set of books (SOB)
and the default expense account on the PO Information tab of the assignment. Employee setup is available from Human Resources
Responsibility / Enter and Maintain.
5. Create items in Master Items and use the organization assignment option to assign the items to multiple inventory organizations.
Master Items is available from Core Apps Purchasing / Items / Master Items. Extract the categories and items to iProcurement using
Catalog Data Extract - Classifications and Catalog Data Extract - Items concurrent requests in Core Apps Purchasing.
6. Shop for extracted items in iProcurement.
7. Choose checkout in the iProcurement requisition creation process flow. The LOV for Deliver-to Location displays all locations associated
to any of the inventory organizations in which the item is enabled. The LOV also displays locations that are not associated to any inventory
organization in the Locations form.
8. Select a location that is not associated to any inventory organization. (NOTE: The LOV displays these locations with the location name
and with the organization code in parenthesis. The displayed organization code corresponds to the item master inventory org and this causes
the deliver to org to be populated with the item master inventory org. The user is not given the option to change the deliver to organization.
- The users do not want to create expensed transactions in the item master organization.
- If the user proceeds with the requisition and the requisition is autocreated into a PO, the shipment org is locked down to the item master org
and cannot be changed because the distribution line already exists on the purchase order (as populated from the requisition). If the PO is approved with item master
shipment org, the receipt must also be recorded in that org. The user does not want to transact in their master org, and wants to be able to associate
the iProcurement requisition to locations/orgs other than the master item inventory organization.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms