Last updated on AUGUST 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Pricing - Version 11.5.9 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 04-SEP-2013
When entering a sales order line, the line qualifies for multiple modifier lines which
are incompatible. The incompatibility is not resolved as expected and the wrong
modifier is applied. The Incompatibility Resolve Code is set to 'Precedence' for
User in the pricing phase.
Due to this issue, customers are not getting the correct price on their invoices.
1. Responsibility: Order Management Super User
2. Navigation: Pricing > Modifiers > Define Modifiers
3. Create modifier header 'Test' and List Level qualifier for
customer name, precedence of 100.
4. Create modifier line with product attribute of 'item category' and
with a precedence of 200 receiving a 15 % discount.
5. Create modifier line with product attribute of 'All items' and a
precedence of 500 receiving a 20 % discount.
6. Enter order and order line with item belonging to item category.
7. Given the precedence values assigned to the modifier lines, the 15%
discount should have been applied, but the 20% discount was applied instead.
If the percent values are reversed on the modifier lines, so that the 'item category'
line is 20% and the 'All items' line is 15%, the 20% discount is still applied. So, the
best price is always being picked.
Expect modifier line with precedence of 200 to be selected over modifier line
with precedence 500. If both of the lines being evaluated have the same value for
the line level precedence, then expect that the qualifier precedence would be used
to resolve the incompatibility.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms