FIFO LAYER HOOK: API to Specify Multiple Layers That A Transaction Should Consume
(Doc ID 404804.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using FIFO cost Method and using layer hook to ensure the specific purchase order
receipt cost layer used for sales order issue transaction. We are using Drop
Ship and Back To back order flows.
If the sales order issue quantity is more than the PO Receipt cost layer quantity,
then the first quantity layer_hook as excepted. For the remaining quantity the
Layer Cost Worker is not calling the layer_hook to consume the cost layer.
Due to this the wrong cost is derived for sales order.
Expect the layer hook logic to consume the cost layers for the quantity not just the first layer.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create sales orders and booked the order (back to back order)(Ex: item A qty: 250)
2. AutoCreate Purchase Requisitions to create requisition for sales orders created in Step1
3. Auto create po for requisition creted in step2.
4. Receive the partial quantity for above po (ex: item A qty :100 of 250)
5. Receive the remaining quantity for above po (ex:Item A qty: 150 of 250).
6. Ship the order (pick and ship) Layer Cost Worker will consume the inv layer id corresponding first receipt
(i.e. Item A qty :100) provided by layer hook. And it derive the cost of the item based on 100 qty.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document