Rate Preference Is Not Adhered to When Using Multi-Modal Equipment Set
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5.03.01
This problem can occur on any platform.
A non-preferred rate is being used for an order where a preferred rate is valid. The problem arises due to the fact that the preferred rate is only valid for a subset of the equipment groups defined on the Itinerary's Multi-Modal Equipment Set. And other non-preferred rates are valid on other equipment options in the multi-modal set.
- Itinerary that has a multi-modal equipment set that has two (or more) equipment groups (e.g. 28FT and 48FT).
- Two (or more) rate offerings. A preferred rate and non-preferred rate where the preferred rate is more expensive and only valid for a subset of the equipment groups defined by the Itinerary Multi-Modal Equipment Set
The problem occurs as follows:
1. The shipment is rated assuming one equipment group (e.g. 28FT). Since the preferred rate is constrained to the other equipment group (e.g. 48FT), the non-preferred rate is then considered a valid option (e.g. at $1000)
2. The shipment is rated assuming the second equipment group (e.g. 48FT). This time the preferred rate is valid and overrides the non-preferred rate and a shipment option using the preferred rate is considered (e.g. at $1500)
3. The two options from steps 1 and 2 are evaluated and find that the cheaper option is the one from step 1 ($1000) and the non-preferred rate is selected.
The expected outcome is that since a preferred rate exists, that it should be the one selected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms