ASM: Unable to Set up BSV Assigments, get Error ORA-20001: FLEX-NULL SEGMENT: ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_ORGANIZATION_API"
(Doc ID 550479.1)
Last updated on APRIL 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accounting Setup manager (ASM)
In the process of configuring intracompany and intercompany balancing rules, the list of values for balancing segment values contains no entries. This seems to be the same issue reported in Note 457200.1 in that the GL_LEDGER_SEGMENT_VALUES table contains no records.
Attempt to follow the steps in Note 457200.1 to resolve the problem, when try to complete the Balancing Segment Value Assignments, the HTML page generates an error.
The same issue can be simply created by attempting to add new balancing segment values to the Legal Entity or Ledger.
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20001: FLEX-NULL SEGMENT: ORA-06512: at "APPS.HR_ORGANIZATION_API", line 4872 ORA-06512: at "APPS.GL_LEDGERS_PKG", line 103 ORA-06512: at line 1
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. GL Responsibility: Navigate to Setup -> Financials -> Accounting Setup Manager -> Accounting Setups
2. Query for the Ledger
3. Click 'Update Accounting Options'
4. Click on the 'Update' icon for 'Balancing Segment Value Assignments' / Click on 'Update' icon near the Legal Entity balancing segment assignments
5. In the next page, try to add the balancing segment values, click on 'Apply' or 'Complete' (depending on the page you are on)
6. The error is then encountered
This has also been reported on release 12.2.3. when using a custom Cost Allocation Flexfield which has some required segments.
New balancing segments defined, to be added to the Legal Entity or Ledger.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!